Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Senior Day

Whenever I was little I fell in love with the game of softball. I never thought about if I would get to play in college because when I was little it was all for fun.

The older I got the more that changed, I still had fun but playing in college became more of a reality and it was something that I needed. If it wasn't for my softball scholarship I wouldn't have a college education.

Senior day in highschool was sad and all but all of us seniors knew we had at least 4 more years left to play the game. Senior day of college was different because once you are done you won't get to play this game ever again (except beer league).

I had mixed feelings on senior day on one hand I was honestly happy. Happy that I am almost done and get to move on and see what the next chapter in my life has in store for me. On the other hand it was sad because playing with these girls for 4 years and winning a national championship together is something that is irreplaceable.


Also not being able to play the game in general is something that I am going to miss. The best feeling is winning together as a team and beating that one team we have always hated or that team that we weren't supposed to beat.

The intensity and adrenaline that came with pitching to one of the best teams or best players and being successful is a feeling that nobody else can feel but you.


I know that picture is not very flattering but not many people can look good in the middle of a pitch. Being done for good is bitter sweet but it also means you have to make the most of the time you have left with your team.

Considering we are approaching post-season it is time to leave everything you have on the field. I wouldn't want to do this season with any other group of girls especially the seniors I got to enjoy my last year with.





No comments:

Post a Comment